annotations

When annotating “Teaching thinking by teaching writing” by Peter Elbow i first look at the title and description of the article and try to get an idea about what I'm reading before i actually read it. This also helps me try to decipher important info from junk. This leads me to my annotations and why i mark what I'm marking, on most occasions i like to mark things or sentences that catch my eye and what i think to be important. For example, questions and comparisons between the two opposing topics. This helps me summarize what i believe to be important.

On the other hand there are many different strategies of annotating which comes with different peoples personalities. My friend Patrick likes to annotate certain sentences that summarize the paragraph and word that he may not understand or know and define them on the column next to the word. Another way to annotate can be based on opinion like highlighting or marking things that you find important when someone else may ignore those statements.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubric and elevator pitch

PB3

Elevator Pitch